Jiu-Jitsu World Championship
Recently, we had the amazing World Championship IBJJF – Jiu-Jitsu World Championship, once again in Long Beach, California.
The world championship is a great display of the best practitioners in sports Jiu-Jitsu. We had many great fights and once again, we saw Marcus Buchecha winning double gold in his weight class and gold in the absolute division.
Because of the IBJJF world championship, many people come from all over the world and stay in California. Some take advantage of their trip and stay a little longer to train at the local gyms.
We had the privilege to have Mr. Richar and Mr. Henrique from Cicero Costha BJJ team in Brazil, they will train with us and stay with us for three months.
We also had the privilege to have Celso Venicius from Ryan Gracie Team Brazil. He is now the head coach of Ryan Gracie Team Brazil since Master Ryan passed. Master Ryan Gracie is the teacher of Sampa’s Head Coach and owner, Prof. Renato Migliaccio.
Celsinho met Professor Renato when he was Blue Belt. Professor Renato was Black Belt back then and Professor Celso Venicius was just a little young trainee.
The great thing is that Professor Celso Venicius is also the student of Professor Gordo which was a Professor Renato’s first teacher.
We had the privilege to have Celso Venicius come to Sampa Jiu-Jitsu and teach a great Half Guard Sweeps seminar.
Students were thrilled with the techniques that he showed because we have been working on Half Guard techniques at Sampa for over two months and now Mr. Celsinho came to show more details since he is specialized on it.
Half Guard is a very important Guard and we want our students to be very familiar and efficient at it.
Call us if you interested in starting of our beginners jiu jitsu class – 626-335-4971 in Glendora and in Walnut 626-977-1050.
There are many reasons why adults look into start Jiu Jitsu training:
* Learning the martial arts alone, its philosophy, history education etc,
* To pursue a carrier and eventually teach,
* For self-defense purposes – Learn How to kick butt and be confident,
* For fitness and work out – weight loss and better Health,
* For Competition,
* To make friends – better life style, stress release etc.
Parents usually look into Jiu Jitsu so their kids can Have:
* Discipline meaning Respect
* Self-Discipline – Commitment – hard work – Focus
* Self defense
* Make Friends – get off the computer and games – Quality friends.
* To enforce Values and morals taught at home.
* For acquisition of physical abilities such as strength, coordination, speed and resistance – also weight loss.
If you want learn Brazilian jiu-jitsu, so please call 626-335-4971 in Glendora and in Walnut 626-977-1050. Thank You!